Monday 26 October 2015

Christmas Shaker Card

Hello and thanks for popping by!
 
I have been playing with the new Trinket die from Couture Creations. This is one of the dies we have been using in our Christmas card class. So instead of using the pretty baubles I thought I would used the negative to make a shaker card. 
 
 
Here's how.
 
First I cut a piece of white cardstock at 4 inches x 6 inches.
 
I then positioned my baubles on my cardstock and ran it through my big shot.
 
How pretty are these baubles?  You can pop these aside for another card.  We are going to work with the negative image.
 
 
Flip your paper over and adhere some acetate to the whole of the card front.
 
Place foam tape all around the outline of each cut out.  I found that the strips of Couture Creations mounting foam ideal for this as it is already cut in long thin strips and is perfect for those tight spots.
 
 
You will also need to run foam tape around the outside edges of your piece.
 
Pour some sequins and glitter into the middle of your baubles.
 
I then cut a piece of glitter cardstock 4.25 inches x 6.25 inches and cover your front piece.  This was a little tricky to line up but I found using my grid lines on my mat really helped.
 
 
 
Your card front is all ready to be attached to your card base!
 
 
I am a huge lover of dies and love when you get a die that has multiple uses!  If your interested in this die, I do have some on order and due in a week or so.
 
Happy crafting ladies!
 
Jo

1 comment:

  1. Tip from Jill - after you've put the foam tape strips around the baubles and BEFORE you take off the top backing paper, dust around the inside edges of the tape with a Stop Static pad - this stops your glitter, sequins etc from sticking to the sides of your shaker!

    ReplyDelete