Sunday 27 April 2014

What has Jo been up to?

Where's Wally?


Here is another layout that Jo made as part of the Couture Creations Design Team .
Hey everyone!  Thanks for stopping by.  Today I have another layout to share using the gorgeous Sew Jo paper pad.  This paper pad is fast becoming a favourite and at the top of my "go to" pile!  The papers are so versatile for male or female.  The papers in this layout worked perfectly with my photo of my middle man dressed up for book week.


To create the pretty black border that runs down the side of the blue and cream spotted paper, I used the Ornamental Lace dies Chandeliers Set from the Momento range.  I then cut it in half and placed each strip just under the edge of the paper.

My little squares were from a sheet of paper in the pad.  It reminded me of a patchwork rug so I have just cut out the squares separately and formed a bit of a "patch" background.  Just under my photo I have used the most gorgeous doily!  This one is from the Madeline collection and called Lotus Filet.

Here is a close up of my embellishment cluster.



To create my embellishment cluster, I used the Polaroid Film die from the Secret Treasures collection  I then teamed it up with a couple of hearts.  I first cut them from chipboard and then added some patterned paper.  I have been using up old cereal boxes for chipboard and cutting them twice and layering them.  I found it to be a bit gentler on my poor old little cuttlebug and just gives it a bit more stability.  My hearts are cut from theHearts Nesting Dies.  I then added a little flourish.  I thought this one tied in really well with the glasses!  The die I used is from the Sophia collection.

To complete my page I have again hand stitched all my papers using my paper piercerfrom the Handheld essentials set.  I have then splattered a little bit of black ink on my page too.

Thanks for letting me share.  Until next time.  Stay scrappy :)


Couture Creations products used

CO723547 - Sew Jo Paper Pad
CO723240 - Lotus Filet die Madeline Collection
CO723247 Chandeliers Set - Momento Collection
CO723525 - Polaroid Frame Secret Treasures
CO723213 Hearts Nesting Dies
CO723477 - Damaris Die Sophia Collection
Handheld Essentials 3 Piece Tool Set
6mm Double Sided Tape
6mm High Tack Foam Mounting Tape
Precision Paper Trimmer



1 comment: